Over the Rainbow is an Australian distributor for Fimo, Premo, Sculpey, Kato & Cernit polymer clays. Polymer clay is an oven hardening clay which is used to make gorgeous beads, sculptures, photo frames, pendants, inros, and so many more wonderful things!
- If you are looking for a firmer clay which holds detail and is also good for working with in the hotter weather, then Kato is the best option. It needs a bit more conditioning to start with but worth the effort.
- If you are wanting a softer clay that is easy to condition then either Fimo Soft, Cernit, Premo Sculpey, Souffle or Sculpey III are what you need.
- For children the easiest to work with are Sculpey III, Souffle & Fimo Soft.
- For making sculptures or dolls, Living Doll, La Doll or Super Sculpey are the best clays for this purpose.
- Any clay can be painted with Acrylic paints - if you want one that you are completely covering then Original Sculpey or Super Sculpey Ex-Firm may be the best option for you.
- If you are ordering clay in summer and having it sent to you interstate from Victoria please make sure you select Express Post as it minimises the chance of the clay spoiling in transit if it goes by ground transport.